Letters For Palestine
Formation of Israel
- In 1948, the state of Israel was formed. zionism promised in it's Declaration of Independence to treat ALL people under it's control equally.
- The UN defined the Partition lines which Israel accepted in it's Declaration of Independence by referencing the UN Partition.
- During the war setting up the state of Israel zionists expanded out of the 55% of the land that was allocated to a state of Israel and took over 78% of the land of Palestine.
- In 1947-48, the majority of the 750,000 Non Jews were driven from their homes and lands. 531 Non Jewish towns and Villages were ethnically cleansed with over 100 Jewish terrorizing Massacres used to force much of the Non Jewish population to flee for their lives. The rest of the 750,000 Palestinians were rounded up and forced out of the new Israeli Territory.
- In 1967, Israel attacked the neighboring countries/lands and occupied Jerusalem, The West Bank, Gaza, the Syrian Golan and the Egyptian Sinai.
- Israel Ethnically Cleansed the Syrian Golan of over 130,000 Resident Arabs only allowing the Druze, which Israel believed would become loyal to Israel, to stay.
- In 1979, Israel was forced by President Carter to sign a peace agreement with Egypt which lead to the withdrawal of Israel from the Sinai Peninsula. During that withdrawal, Israel had to give up the idea of a city of 200,000 Jews and withdrew over 20,000 Colonists/Settlers illegally transferred into the Occupied Sinai.
- Israel continues to occupy the Syrian Golan.
- Israel continues to occupy lands that were allocated to Palestinians for a state.